Halifax City – 2193 Gottingen St.
- $34.50 – Mixed dorm bed (per person)
- $74.75 – Private double room (sleeps 2)
- $74.75 – Private queen room (sleeps 2) extra person 103.50
$200- Mixed dorm bed
$400 – Private room
Based on minimum 3 month stay
- $600 – Mixed dorm bed (per person)
- $900 – Private room
- Based on minimum 8 month stay
*no hst on weekly and monthly rates
- on-site café
- fast & free WIFI
- fully-equipped kitchen and individual showers & bathrooms
- free linens
- maps, information & informed staff
- on-site laundry
- BBQ during summer nights
- no curfew
- street parking and $5 monitored parking nearby
Halifax Backpackers offers an authentic Halifax experience. Located in the North End of Downtown Halifax, we are a short 5 minute walk to the waterfront and all other major amenities. We offer private and dormitory rooms at reasonable prices.
As a small, independent hostel, we embody the grassroots community spirit that makes Halifax unique. Halifax Backpackers is a committed member of the diverse community in which we reside. We have live music venues and second hand stores. We believe in inexpensive backpacking and communal experiences. We provide Free linens, Free wifi, Free maps and Free information.
For your convenience we have an on-site fair-trade café and licensed bar & restaurant. During the summer we host an array of social activities ranging from BBQs to poetry slams & art shows. Throughout the year we have a variety of evening events in the café on Friday and Saturday nights.
- All guests must have ID (drivers license or passport) and a valid credit card.
- Guests’ payment will be processed via credit card on the morning of arrival.
- We require 48 hours notice for refundable cancellations.
- A key deposit of $20 cash is required from all guests.
Monday – Friday: 8am-3pm
If you would like to arrange a check-in outside of these hours please email or call and we can arrange it!